7D AF Issues

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Y0GI Veteran Member • Posts: 5,247
7D AF Issues

I used to know how to operate my Canon 7d like driving my car.  I knew every control, forwards and backwards.  Then, in 2012, I experienced some unfortunate circumstances and some additional problems since then.  Bottom line, my 7D has been in my camera bag, unused, since September of 2012.  Now I need to use it to photograph some approximately 36'' X 24" paper prints of old newspaper stories printed from library microfiche or microfilm and I have forgotten most of how to operate the 7D.

The camera is currently set on "One Shot AF" and I would like to use "AI Servo" to compensate for my shakiness, but I cannot get the camera to switch AF modes.  When I press the "AF-Drive" button and then turn the wheel just behind the shutter button (as recommended in the instruction manual) the camera switches shutter speeds and no amount of button pushing will make it do anything else.  I am in "Manual" shutter/aperture mode, if that matters.

Also, I have IS enabled but that does not seem to be stabilizing the image.

Any suggestions?

-- hide signature --

Yogi

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow