Lightroom Focus point plug-in -- has anyone used this

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 23,349
Re: Lightroom Focus point plug-in -- has anyone used this

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

Zeee wrote:

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

https://lightroomfocuspointsplugin.com/

I'm always skeptical of plug-ins from independents and smaller developers but wanted to know if anyone has used this before.

I do a lot of focus bracketing for my landscapes and urbex, and this would save me time (versus using NX Studio to figure out the foucus point, and then going back to ACR/Lightroom to tag photos as such).

I'm surprised this function isn't built into LR/LRClassic some how.

People were using it successfully last I remember. Says it works with LR5 and higher. I tried it with LR6 but didn't really like it so never tried it with LR7 or higher. There was nothing wrong with it, I just didn't want or need another plug-in for that. If I need to see a focus point/s I use Canon's DPP.

Give it a try.

Is this a common thing? Do others like DXO, C1, etc have a built in AF point/s option?

I'm not sure about other apps, but I know the OEM app does, which makes sense, but there's a lot of flipping back and forth (as I sometimes use the focus point data in the keywording process).

Yes if you check a lot then it's a valuable tool. Give it a try and let use know.

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow