FZ1000ii Experiences

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Franno83
OP Franno83 Contributing Member • Posts: 659
Re: FZ1000ii Experiences

Sranang Boi wrote:

The FZ1000 and FZ1000M2 have a unique image capture feature that can't be found in any other of the Panasonic cameras. I now have my camera permanently set to it. To use it effectively you have to be into photo editing on a PC though. To access it, switch off iZoom. Go to the pixel rate setting and change it from 20MP to 5MP. Then set the picture taking format to RAW + JPG. That's it. Now when you operate the zoom you will notice that it now goes up to 800m instead of 400m. When you take pictures you will get a RAW and JPG file. If the zoom range extend beyond 400mm the RAW file will max out at 400mm but the JPG will be zoomed in further. Now when it comes to editing crop the RAW file. Only really use the JPG file if it looks good enough. The cropped RAW file will show far more detail than the JPG equivalent, especially in contrasty situation where you want to bring out shadow details. I just wish that Panasonic had built this identical feature in their m43 cameras.

Thank you so much for your detailed post.  Will be trying it out this weekend.

Best wishes.

Fran
Banbury, UK
Panasonic FZ1000 ii

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
VT
VT
VT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow