D4 upgrade to D6 ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PicturebikeMXphotography New Member • Posts: 21
D4 upgrade to D6 ?

Hi Guys

My main body is a D5 with a now very old and well used D4 as a back up.  Its time to trade the D4 and I was going to go for a second used D5 but cant help being tempted by a used D6.  Has anyone got or had a D5 and D6. is it really worth the extra money?

80 percent of my work is covering Motocross using a 70-200 f2.8 and 300 f2.8 with the D5 but I also shoot a lot of Gundogs predominantly black Labs and as many will know black dogs are hard going for any camera to focus on.  The D5 handles this quite well but I have seen a youtube review by Steve Perry that actually mentioned the D6 being notably better at acquiring focus on black animals, he sites a black bear.  Would be interested in any views on this and the D6 in general by anyone who has used one along with a D5..

I have just sold some other kit so could stretch to a D6 but its going to be at least £1500 more than a good low millage D5...

Many Thanks

Harry

Nikon D4 Nikon D5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow