Issue with RF 24-105 L

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
QSMcDraw
QSMcDraw Regular Member • Posts: 282
Re: Issue with RF 24-105 L

Yes, I can read quickly through a thread and sense when I'm being led down a rabbit hole. So I comment on it. Took moments.

What I don't have time for is wringing my hands and predicting online that my repair will be pointless--even before the item has been returned.

And we have two oddly similar threads on the same types of issues with the 24-105, and in each case nothing gets resolved (Yet!) We've gone from a poorly performing copy of a lens, to claiming CPS is incompetent, to even claiming the CPS website charged somebody six times for an annual membership payment.

I just think it's odd that things snowball like this. If you, davel33, think I'm completely wrong, fine, I hope you are right.

Now I do find it legitimately interesting that others have also had problems with the 24-105 and question its QC. That's fine. I got lucky with my copy, and I assume most people did. However, I'd also consider that the 24-105, as a kit lens, tends to get sold in a "white box," which could explain why it has a slightly higher problem rate (if it does, in fact) than non-kit lenses. Lenses that are not bought in pristine, original packaging are subject to more shipping and handling, thus exposed to more chances of being banged around.

Cheers!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow