Zoom and more zoom

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
johncecilian Senior Member • Posts: 1,010
Zoom and more zoom

The Sony rx100 VI is new to me, so although I am sure this has been discussed much, I figure I will revisit it and just say my thoughts and see if anyone wants to weigh in. In testing all of the zoom options on the camera, and in trying to get some more reach, it seems to me that the smart teleconverter is the best way to go. It gives the best results even though at a smaller pixel level. I can look at the photos on my 27 inch IMac 5K and they still hold up much better than the clear zoom or  definitely the digital zoom feature. So I think the extended reach is best achieved with the smart teleconverter engaged…thoughts?  Also since you are stuck with just JPEG in this scenario, which picture profile or style seems best? I have been using “clear”

johncecilian's gear list:johncecilian's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR +1 more
Sony RX100 VI
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow