FZ1000ii Experiences

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Franno83
OP Franno83 Contributing Member • Posts: 659
Re: FZ1000ii Experiences

jlina wrote:

Hi Fran! I have been checking every so often for just this post. I am so glad to see that you like the camera. I really like the lighting on the trees/woods photo.... And I think you must have had some kind of converter on the camera because there is no way I can get that kind of focus on a fly. I weirdly think that the 1000 M 2 seems to take worst macro pictures than the 300?! But overall it's so intuitive and so easy to work it still just makes me happy to pick it up.

My most sincere condolences on the passing of your father, it is very hard on the ones left behind!

I also agree that I think you got a really good copy of the camera which you totally deserved. I haven't been able to photograph much lately and I do love the camera but I was at the park watching a girl take Halloween photos yesterday and she had a Canon rebel t5 and I swear it looked like she was getting sharper pictures than I do! Plus she's got it used on eBay for $150... Of course she was using basically no zoom.

So I'm looking forward to getting to take more photos soon and I'm still considering a camera that you have to change the lenses on LOL! I think I will have to experience this at one point to ever feel happy with my choice especially if I can do it that cheaply.

Where I think the 1000 Mark II is a little off base is for example on your statue with the sun straight on it kind of blurs the edges of the front of the statue. I have noticed that too; it is much much better than the 300 in contrast, but the edges of the pictures sometimes seem to fade out if they are more than halfway zoomed out - especially in bright sunshine. I really have to watch myself in bright sunshine.

Let me know what you think and mostly just so happy to hear that you are happy and doing well. Best wishes!

Jacqueline

Hi Jacqueline, great to hear from you.

Many thanks for your thoughts with regard to my lovely Dad.  Really miss him, he was a great character.

I have to admit that any oddities I find with my photos I always put down to user error!!  I'm the first to admit I'm not a technical whiz, so there is always room for improvement.  I love all the detail the guys have posted previously in this thread and I need to sit down and wade through it, so that I understand the adjustments I can make.

Normally we don't suffer from too much bright sunlight in the UK (!), which is one of the reasons that I actually went for a camera with a larger sensor, to take advantage of our dull days!!  Hoping to get out this weekend for more practice.

I'm also hoping to improve on my PP as I have a rather ancient laptop and always edit in Google photos on my phone.  For some reason Google photos has become a problem and crashes during editing.  I can't seem to find a fix and decided anyway that it was time to upgrade my laptop and then I will be able to use Photoshop/lightroom etc.  I want to keep my editing to a minimum if possible, but would still like to be able to do it without throwing my phone at the wall!!  I'll also be able to store and categorise things much more efficiently.  Roll on Saturday when the new laptop arrives.

Would I not also love a camera with interchangeable lenses??!!  I feel I need to master the one I have first though.  I follow Mark Denney on Youtube who is primarily a landscape photographer but great at explaining things.  As he rightly says, a great camera can still take rubbish photographs!!

So far, really enjoying the 1000 ii and do really appreciate some of the refinements that it has over the FZ82 like the screen that swivels and the sensor on the view finder.  Have also had a bash at focus stacking and was impressed with the results.  Was really glad that I stuck with the Panasonic as it's menu systems are really easy to follow.

I realise that now is probably the time to leave my comfort zone and delve a little deeper into the technicalities of the camera so that I can realise its' potential.   The user's potential is a little more tricky to resolve!!

Have fun with your camera and stay well.

Best wishes.
Fran
Banbury, UK
Panasonic FZ1000 ii

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
VT
VT
VT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow