*** October 18, 2021- October 24, 2021 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Pi lover
Pi lover Senior Member • Posts: 2,128
Re: More Halloween

Dak on cam wrote:

Pi lover wrote:

Carleton Place is a town becoming a city. There is an area with the box stores and another area which was the old downtown core. The old downtown businesses put together a display at just about every light post for blocks this year. Not a lot of money to do this but it makes for a neat place to visit.

All impressive, but the "youth centre" guy carrying baby heads has to be a class of its own regarding scariness. Apropos "centre": does Canada generally employ full British spellings or is it a bit of a mixed bag?

Many people use center, others centre. There's metric people and the old farts like me that are still stuck on imperial. Canada is one of the biggest mixed bags in the world with the collection of people from parts of the world.  I've learned about Russia from an Indian persons perspective, France from a black person, Iraq from a Kurdish person, etc.   The countries that think controlling the news controls reality misses what really happens.

It is amazing to me that I can sit in a class with someone from Iraq and another person from Iran and they are both just people taking a class. It's not 100% no problems but most people just want a good life for themselves and their families.

+1 on the Youth Centre doing a good job.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow