Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EF + Sigma MC-11 on Older E-Mount Bodies?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pugdude1321 New Member • Posts: 3
Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EF + Sigma MC-11 on Older E-Mount Bodies?

Hi! I'm in the process of slowly adding some Sony gear to my collection alongside my existing Canon stuff, and I have some questions I'm not having a lot of luck finding solid answers to in my searches.

I have a Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM for my Canon SL1 and I'm looking at trying a mount adapter to use it on Sony bodies because the native E lens equivalents are far out of my price range, but I've seen limited and conflicting reports on the performance of this lens paired with the MC-11.

Does anyone have any experience using this lens with the MC-11 (or any other affordable EF-E smart mount adapters), and if so, would you recommend it?

I currently have an NEX-5N, and I plan to get an A6000 at some point, so if anyone has experience with this combo on either of these cameras, that would be helpful also.

I know I won't get incredible/reliable AF with these combos but I'm not opposed to using MF in situations where the AF just doesn't cooperate

Thanks!

pugdude1321's gear list:pugdude1321's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +4 more
ANSWER:
Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow