Do good 13''/17'' printers work well for small (4x6) prints?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
salomat New Member • Posts: 6
Do good 13''/17'' printers work well for small (4x6) prints?

Hi folks,
I'm looking to buy a photo printer. 95% of planned workload is printing a few thousands family photos for albums mostly 4x6 or 5x7. I don't sell prints. I understand that economically it's cheaper to print at a good lab, but I like the convenience and I also like working with the tech.

Quality is important! Based on what I read quality starts with larger printers (A3 or A2). Are there downsides in using a large printer (e.g. P900) for smaller prints? E.g. higher ink waste or issues with paper feeder precision? Are there models that are more optimized for this job?

Regarding quality, I understand that it is more important for large prints on specialized artistic paper. Is the difference even noticeable in small prints on glossy photo paper compared to a decent consumer 6-ink printer? Assume the shots are taken by a professional with good equipment.

Apologies if it was already discussed, I've spent a few days trying to find the information.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow