iCloud Syncing One Way Only

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TooLow New Member • Posts: 1
iCloud Syncing One Way Only

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to ask this question but it looked to me like it entertained photo software apps, etc.

Anyway, here is my issue.  I have an IPhone and a Windows PC.  Apple's iCloud has the capability to sync photos in iCloud with the photos app on your iPhone.  One feature of this relationship is if you install iCloud on your PC it creates a dedicated folder in Windows Explorer so if copy photos into that folder they are supposed to show up on your phone.

Currently my phone will sync perfectly when I take a photo on my phone (as soon as I take a photo withing seconds it shows up in iCloud photos.  However, when I copy photo or photos into the iCloud folder on my PC (Windows 11) it does not in turn sync with my iPhone.

To put it simply, I am experiencing a one-way sync.  From my phone to iCloud no problem, but anything I copy into the iCloud phots platform, it will not sync down to my phone.

Any ideas would be appreciated and if I have the wrong forum, let me know and if you have any recommendations of another forum to post a thread like this, I'd appreciate your input.

Thank you.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow