16 blade per propeller drone very quiet

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Len-O Senior Member • Posts: 1,552
Re: 16 blade per propeller drone very quiet

JohnHarlin wrote:

I just saw a YouTube video of a 16 blade propeller drone that seemed to have half to 1/4 of the noise of the mini2.

That is an aural illusion. The noise generated by that custom built racing drone, and most other FPV, and racing drone is much louder than the standard Mini2. That is also true of the very loud DJI FPV drone.

The sound it appeared to generate was much more like a high rushing wind sound than anything else and it was moving at some pretty fast speed.

It was designed, and built for high speed. It is a one-off custom racing drone.

I was wondering if such propellers could be used with the mini2.

No. The Mini2 does not have the motors that would make this concept possible. It uses Drone Art Aurora 2305 2500kv Motors. The 16 blade props are also a custom kludge, using two 8 blade props on each motor. Drone Art is no longer in business.

Here is the video link below that impressed me with what appeared to be such low noise though others were more impressed with its aerodynamic gymnastics.

https://youtu.be/i58cC2hntqQ

If that is the type of flying you are interested in then start investigating the world of racing drones, and FPV Quads 99% of which are custom home builds. Be prepared to improve your soldering skills.

That said, I would suggest mastering the Mini2, or an Air 2S first, then dive into FPV and racing drones which have their own addictive quality, and are faster, but not quieter than GPS camera drones.

Len-O's gear list:Len-O's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow