Pentax K5?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Junior Member • Posts: 49
Pentax K5?

Hi

I got my wife a used K5 a couple of months ago at a small photo shop downtown. She wants to get into proper photography and the cameras she had gotten used to, the typical point-and-shoot types grew less and less appealing to her.

The K5 certainly is a good camera and it performs well but the weight is an issue.

When I went to another local camera shop to try to find a lighter lens for the K5, I was informed that Pentax no longer exists as a company and the shop doesn't sell any lenses for the K5 and they know of no one who does sell lenses for the K5. I honestly didn't know that.

Instead then I got my wife a good used Olympus OM-D E-M5 camera and I think she likes it better than the K5 due to the weight. I know I can still get Olympus lenses as my own camera is an Olympus as well.

My wife has a bad right arm and right hand with extremely limited strength and only about 10% of normal control due to injuries sustained a dozen years ago in a bad car wreck.

Her left hand and arm are normal so supporting the weight of any camera lay on the left arm and hand. Controlling the camera is awkward with her right hand but she is trying her best to make a go of it so I think she's going to stick with the Olympus.

So now she has two cameras, the Olympus and the Pentax.

Is there any market for used Pentax cameras given that Pentax no longer exists as a company? Should I just hold onto the Pentax? Your thoughts?

Thank you,

geo

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow