Focus firmware update any time soon? Z7ii & Z6ii

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Les Kamens Regular Member • Posts: 379
Focus firmware update any time soon? Z7ii & Z6ii

I'v been shooting a lot of  convention and meeting work with the Z line.  the results are amazing the Z lenses are critically sharp.   Then the challenge came this past week at a Gym industry conference.    getting activity was  part of the assignment.  Sometimes in dim rooms to show the tag lights they had to reach for and many variations of light, color, and movement.    First what I loved!!   white balance was impeccable.  I generally use expo disks and Pre.  I haven't had to touch them.   Like I said the lenses were worth the price of admission.    What I wasn't lovin so much was the focus.    it was a challenge to say the least.   I pulled every trick in the book.  Follow Focus was sometimes great and sometimes not so great.   full frame people [S]  and wide people [S].  pin point [S] and tried my luck.  Then I tried the above in [C] and it improved a lot.   As I'm editing my Z's and a colleagues 760's.  760 missed focus around the same as my Z's.  I remember my 850's were beyond great as far as focus. BTW I handheld 15th of a second to get motion blur on gym equipment.  I got results I would have gotten with a tripod.  equipment sharp with body movement.  I'll never leave this Brand and anxious for a firmware update that could help these cameras along.  I really love my Z's and know it only gets better from here

Les Kamens's gear list:Les Kamens's gear list
Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow