Can someone please advise me on a video/lighting situation please?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Whereabouts
Whereabouts Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: Can someone please advise me on a video/lighting situation please?

It could have been shot in studio prior to moving it outside?

Not green-screen I don't think, the green reflections on the metal surface would be a nightmare to key.

It's definitely a controlled lighting environment, so either in studio or a nigh like you suggested. With the black background you can see the shadows of the sculpture from other parts of the sculpture casting hard shadows and the reflection of light off the metal is seen more as bright lines rather than outside where you can see colours of the sky and trees reflecting.

Cool sculpture.

As for what kinds of lights are being used, I'm not too sure about that. I'm seeing from the shadows one light, positioned just a bit higher than the sculpture to camera left. Other shadows seem to suggest the light is coming from below, I'm not sure if thats in addition to the other light or that the reflections off the metal are creating shadows also.

Whereabouts's gear list:Whereabouts's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow