Forthcoming book

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Redhenry Contributing Member • Posts: 546
Forthcoming book

In the latest issue of the UK magazine, ‘Digital Camera World’ is a feature on English graphic designer and professional photographer Mike Kus. Mike uses phones for his photography because they are portable and easy to use. One result of his use of phone cameras is that he prefers the ‘portrait’ orientation of the picture. I was intrigued by this, as, being a recent convert to phone photography, I’ve found it much more natural. It works well with the 4:3 format and I’d started to think of it as ‘normal’ before I read the article.

Anyway, Mike has written a book which many people here might find of interest. It will be available from mid-November. Here’s a brief extract from the article:

Mike is an evangelist of smartphone photography; not because he’s not at home with a camera, but because he feels that a great image matters more than what it was captured on.
He has just shared his insights about image-making in The Pocket Photographer, a new book that offers plenty of show to go with the tell.

(I have avoided posting this on the Open Talk forum as I really don’t want to start another avalanche of posts trashing phone photography!)

Redhenry's gear list:Redhenry's gear list
Sony RX100 II Apple iPhone 13 Pro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow