DxO PhotoLab 5--your predictions (and wants)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP NAwlins Contrarian Veteran Member • Posts: 6,450
DxO, Nik, and Serif Affinity Photo

Or, as previously expected, more NIK features built-in?

I would really like to see the Nik tools--especially / at least Silver Efex--integrated into PhotoLab the same way DxO's own FilmPack integrates.

OTOH, I see that today DxO also introduced, in addition to PhotoLab 5, a FilmPack 6. I really don't get their long-term strategy here. Or, really, I'm not sure they have one. The Nik tools and FilmPack have a substantial overlap, and DxO doesn't seem to have a huge amount of resources, but they seem to be developing both more-or-less in parallel.

Could there be an alliance with Serif, providing close integration with the Affinity suite? So PL5 could have some of Affinity's layer-based editing built in, while Affinity Photo 2.0 gets to use a version of the PL5 raw developer.

Although in the last couple of years I've become an Affinity Photo licensee and fan in addition to a DxO licensee and fan, I don't really see them integrating. DxO is French and Serif is (AFAIK) British, and, well, those two countries aren't really getting along these days, especially post-Brexit. Also, I can't really see a way to properly integrate PhotoLab and Affinity Photo short of a full merger of the companies.

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow