As a non DXO user. . .

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glen Barrington
Glen Barrington Forum Pro • Posts: 22,078
As a non DXO user. . .

I'm likely to download this product and give it a try out. It's been about four years since I've done so.

I would want the ability to maximize DR to the level that I find in ACDSee, which I believe allows me to display all the dynamic range my camera can capture. It has been my experience that capturing DR at the camera level isn't nearly as big a deal as is displaying that DR once we've processed that image. Poor PP can ruin many otherwise good photos with potential.

At a quick look of the marketing material, the DXO controls SEEM a bit less capable than ACDSee, but looks can be deceiving. There is always the balance between power and scaring the potential user off that must be kept in mind. Once one learns the product, there may be ways to insert that control back into the image without too much effort.

But to those users with DR concerns, how do you assert fine control over DR from within DXO?  I say, "Life is a learning opportunity, don't waste it."

Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow