Trade E-M5 II for a GX9 a good idea?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sr Cordeiro
Sr Cordeiro Regular Member • Posts: 218
Trade E-M5 II for a GX9 a good idea?

Hello everyone,

I've been in and out of mFT since it's started. Most recently I was about to sell it all (again) to dedicate all my focus on Fujifilm gear.

My Olympus E-M5 MkII was for sale for months, no one seemed to want it so I decided to keep it. I love the small size of the cameras and lenses, unbeatable for travel, and super-effective IBIS. Once again started shopping for lenses, wanted a super small kit: got the Panasonic 12-32mm, 14mm f/2.5, 20mm f/1.7 and was searching for a used superzoom like Panasonic 14-140mm or Olympus 14-140mm.

While searching for the superzoom, I came acorss a local second-hand gear shop where a mint Panasonic GX9 is selling for a good price, so my gearhead started to wonder if it wouldn't be better to trade in the E-M5 MkII for a Panasonic GX9 and maybe a Panasonic 35-100mm II they also have for sale.

I love the E-M5 MkII. Love how it looks, handles and specially the IBIS. The only 2 things that bother me are the slow startup speed and the sub-par video quality (I learned to deal with the menu system).

I know the GX9 will be a faster camera overall, but how about IBIS? Will I be able to get the same sharp results at 1/8 sec as I get with the Olympus? How about the viewfinder?

Anyone who used both could give some feedback?

Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

www.silvacordeiro.com
www.instagram.com/rscordeirophoto
www.flickr.com/photos/srcordeiro

Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow