Laowa 10mm f2 trouble

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
jeffharris Forum Pro • Posts: 10,853
Re: Laowa 10mm f2 trouble

BG28 wrote:

I just received this lens last week and took it out for a spin over the weekend.

When I came back from my outing, I saw that all my pictures looked soft. I used MF Assist and I remember my camera highlighting from about halfway out to infinity for most of these pics. I was also using a polarizer.

What do you mean by “MF Assist”?

I’ll assume, based on your rather uneven results, that you were using focus peaking.

Don’t bother. Everything I ever I’ve tried focus peaking it invariably focused on the wrong thing.

If you’re attempting to use range focus using markings on the lens, don’t bother with that until you do a bunch of test shots to see what the markings’ range may actually be.

For speed an accuracy, use the EVF and magnified view and you’ll nail focus 99% of the time.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +34 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow