Fuji GFX100S - SD Card write error

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BostonBoy
BostonBoy Senior Member • Posts: 2,061
Fuji GFX100S - SD Card write error

I‘ve ordered larger SDXC UHS II Cards for my GFX100S (Kingston 256GB and 128GB V90 Canvas React Plus) which are not on the recommended compatibility list (https://fujifilm-x.com/de-de/support/compatibility/cameras/gfx100s/) and experience write errors in my setup (RAW on Slot 1, JPEG on Slot 2).

I don’t have a complete „pattern“ yet, but so far this only happened a few times when I pair cards of the same size, and it only happens on the RAW card slot. Go figure. Setting is ‚lossless compressed‘ BTW, which might be another variable to try.

The camera displays ‚write error‘ and is unable to proceed. Turning it off, removing and reinserting the SD Card, and turning it back on solves the problem. Of cause the last RAW file is lost (JPEG persists).

Now - I‘m not ruling out a defective SD card, but the card works just fine in other Cameras (Fuji and others) and pairing 256/128GB cards of the same manufacturer or even mixed manufacturer does not seem to exhibit the problem.

Does anybody see a similar problem in their setup? Any recommendations short of throwing these cards out (at least for use on the GFX)?

I‘m running additional tests after low level formats and see if I get additional insights.

BostonBoy's gear list:BostonBoy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow