DxO PhotoLab 5--your predictions (and wants)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NAwlins Contrarian Veteran Member • Posts: 6,463
DxO PhotoLab 5--your predictions (and wants)

It's that time of the year again: if DxO holds to its pattern, it will announce PhotoLab 5 this Wednesday, October 20, 2021, or else next Wednesday, October 27, 2021. For the idle amusement of those who may be interested--if you're not, sorry, please stop reading now--what changes and new features do you want? Or what do you predict DxO will add?

My main wants:

(1) the ability to manually apply any lens profile to any photo, so e.g. those using SLR lenses adopted onto mirrorless cameras can get the 'very likely close enough' fix of using the SLR lens profile; and

(2) the expansion of the internal working space from basically Adobe RGB to basically ProPhoto RGB.

Then again, I've wanted those before (https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4527035), and been disappointed.

I do think the local controls will get more powerful / flexible, which would be nice.

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow