Just sharing photos...

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Junior Member • Posts: 49
Just sharing photos...

My wife and I went up north twice this year, first up to Lake Ivanhoe, Ontario and then later on to the Red Lake and finally the Pickle Lake area. I'm just sharing a photo or few from these trips. We were hoping for some northern lights but they didn't cooperate.

The first photo at "Air Ivanhoe" on Lake Ivanhoe of the Milky Way I think is the best I've ever had the good luck to encounter in my whole life. Moonless windless night, very clear sky, no clouds, past midnight.

All photos shown here copyright G. Rutkay and may be shared/used only with reference to myself as the photographer. They were taken with an Olympus OM-D-E M10ii and a Panasonic H-FS12060 lens at F3.8.

My wife wants to learn how to take similar photos (she says she's jealous) and she's only ever understood the simple point and shoot type of cameras so I'm working on helping her along the journey with her own camera, first I picked up a used Pentax K5 for her and now a used Olympus OM-D E-M5 (her photos are not displayed here).

Taken by G. Rutkay Aug 2021 facing west across Lake Ivanhoe, Ontario. 25 second exposure, F3.8, ISO 12,500

Taken by G. Rutkay Sept 2021 facing west on Pickle Lake, Ontario.

Taken by G. Rutkay Sept 2021 facing west on Pickle Lake, Ontario

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD hurtsme
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow