D5, A9… or waiting for Z9 (sports photography)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
AWG_Pics Senior Member • Posts: 1,686
Re: D5, A9… or waiting for Z9 (sports photography)

I have to say Nikon needs to put up or shut up sooner than later. I think TO and primeshooter are on to something. If Nikon plays the old 'let tech trickle down of a few years to the less expensive bodies' they are done. You don't play the long game when you are leaking $, are far behind in sales and at best have what your charitable friends say is a product that is as good as the competition. Nikon does need to go all in now with an affordable body.

I am not a bellweather, but I am thinking about getting a used D850 for landscape  and general shooting purposes. If Nikon put out a Z-body/lens combo that was affordable and tailored for landscape shooters, I would seriously consider it. But only if I knew the body was not a dumbed down version of something else more expensive. I do not see any benefit for me to do more than throw down $2300 US for a lightly used D850.

Nikon is just not doing much more than cutting back service on great used DSLRs and offering 'good' but not 'best in field' mirrorless. How does this strategy catapult Nikon into a seriously competitive position?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
NCB
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow