ON1 Photoraw 2022 plugin capability

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Brev00
Brev00 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,549
Re: ON1 Photoraw 2022 plugin capability

Almazar80 wrote:

I don't begrudge ON1 for doing what they're doing. I don't believe that it's going to make their software gain significant market share, however. Now that DXO is putting more effort with Nik and Topaz continuing to improve its offerings, there are better alternatives (or at least different alternatives) available. If Topaz decides to improve Adjust, that would be a nice thing to see. Frankly, paying almost twice as much for ON1 as a standalone AND as a plugin isn't too consumer friendly. I would not have balked at paying an extra fee (as I said above). It's the near doubling of the cost that is off putting.

I don't think about what other amounts a company should charge. Just what they do. I am not going to buy that tier at that or really any price above that of the standard upgrade. It is like what so many company's do: keep the price while stripping the product down. See the size of a 'half gallon' of ice cream. The standard upgrade is pricey enough.

I skipped 2021 and may skip one or more future upgrades. Funny that they included a free 2021 license with the 2022 upgrade purchase. So, I use 2021 as a plug-in going forward. As the software gets better, I have less reason to upgrade every year.

Don't forget, they are also offering the software as a subscription now. It may be their intent to move as many people as possible to a subscription.  I thought about it. The price is similar but not if I skip upgrades.

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D90 Nikon D610 Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow