RF 100-400 crops

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BirdShooter7 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,162
RF 100-400 crops

I received my RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM Sunday evening and took it out on its first outing yesterday.  It wasn’t the most productive outing in terms of subjects but I did take a few photos and though I haven’t had a chance to edit them I thought it might be of interest to share a few unedited crops (jpegs directly from the R6) at 400mm and f/8 (wide open) for anyone who might be thinking about getting this lens.

My first impressions from using it are that it’s nice and light and fairly compact.  I don’t have a hood for it and probably won’t buy one since I do want it keep things as compact as possible.  On the R6 I found the AF speed to be quick and I had no trouble getting onto flying birds with it.  So far I’m impressed with AF speed and accuracy.  Build is plastic (as expected) but it feels sturdy enough for me.  So far I’m enjoying the lens.

The crops will be in the next post.

-- hide signature --

Some of my bird photos can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregsbirds/

Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow