I have an odd question.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
I a n
I a n Regular Member • Posts: 137
Re: I have an odd question.

Larold wrote:

He wants to get the shot OOC.

Wow, that's an impressive goal. I would point out that when a photographer creates a .jpg file with a camera they are in fact making a subset of decisions that can be made with RAW conversion software. With the camera you have less options but they are some of the same ones you can make in software afterwards.

My point its you are not actually avoiding those decisions you are just choosing to work with a limited set of options and forcing yourself to choose once. That's totally fine BTW.

I have a D850 as well and I shoot RAW however I have taken to using the in camera editing tools to create a nice looking .jpg file and then share that over social media in real time - while I'm still in the field. That process is just rendering a .jpg from the RAW using my choice of settings that would have been used to create .jpg files directly if I shot .jpg files instead of RAW.

I a n's gear list:I a n's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PMB
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NCB
NCB
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow