Coming back to Digital, need some guidance.

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Gregm61 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,842
Re: Coming back to Digital, need some guidance.

M West wrote:

Morning,

Its been a while since I have shot digital seriously. About 10 years ago I had a fire sale and had to sell my D700. I have been playing around with random cameras the last few years and I have mostly been shooting with my F5. I enjoy film and would like to continue shooting it, but for now I think I want to refocus on actually shooting, not the developing.

A lot has happened in the digital world and not going to lie, I am a bit lost. I am not completely ignorant. Right now unless someone convinces me otherwise I am planning on sticking with Nikon D system.

With the D700, I loved it. It was my first professional camera and I really loved the heft and feel of it. I know everyone wants lighter cameras, but I enjoy the feel of knowing I could probably break a rock if I dropped the camera on it.

I am a dad so I kind of need a camera that can do it all. For the most part landscape and nature photography, followed by portraiture.

So I was going to create a list of possible options but in the end it seems the D750 is my main option.

So really my question would be, is there anything else I should be looking at outside the D750?

If the price of the D780 is not out of your range, that’s what I would get. It’s quite a nice camera.

Newer processor, faster highest mechanical shutter speed, if you need it a way, way better live view implementation, the BSI sensor is a significant upgrade, I’m using the retain highlights metering option most of the time and just love processing those raw files.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Leica M (Typ 262) Leica CL Leica Super-Elmar-M 18mm f/3.8 ASPH Leica Elmar-M 24mm f/3.8 ASPH Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow