Little birds with D500 + Nikkor 200-500 - problem with AF settings

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
YvonnePL New Member • Posts: 13
Little birds with D500 + Nikkor 200-500 - problem with AF settings

Hi! I need advice on AF. I'm photographing birds with Nikon D500 and Nikkor 200-500. After buying it three years ago, I felt a great wow - the lens was very fast and accurate. Today I see that it has become slower (I asked a Nikon employee about it, he said that the lens had to be sent for cleaning; colleague sent his lens and nothing, the problem is still there), and often, instead of an eye, the bird has sharp feathers on its chest or wing. In the past, I only photographed on the AF-S sinhlepoint, but when the bird comes towards me, I switch to AF-C single point. Unfortunately, with both settings the focus is not where it should be, and you can already see that the AF does not keep up with the bird's movement (and I do not mean fast movement). How do you position your cameras to photograph birds statically, and how do you set up dynamic photos? I attach a photo showing what the problem is. Thank you in advance for your help!

Nikon D5 Nikon D50 Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow