EOS R card failure ever happen?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ZX11
OP ZX11 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,485
Re: EOS R card failure ever happen?

Steve Balcombe wrote:

Joep van Steen wrote:

I'm 53, have been driving for years, never had an accident. Yet, car accidents do happen.

Even if we can assemble 200 people in this thread that can attest to never ever having card failure or some kind of corruption that does not chance the fact that cards fail and data is lost and/or gets corrupted.

I repair corrupt photos and recover USB flash drives and memory cards for bread and butter and I have business every day. Most people needing my services are people 'who never had this happen before'.

I've had several hard drive failures in the 30+ years I've been using PCs. Every single time I have had a backup, and consequently suffered no data loss - except for the very first time which is when I learned the hard way how important backups are

I've never had a memory card failure, but a friend did a few months ago.

The speculation at the time was you wouldn't be able to go any decent amount of time without getting a failure. That years without an car accident couldn't happen. Lack of dual slots meant the EOS R couldn't be used as a serious camera. Especially seeing as a card failed on an influencer the day they got hands on the newly introduced R.

I was wondering how the history of the camera's one card slot panned out. Speculation versus what actually happened.

Yes, I know things can fail. That is why I carry two RF 85mm f1.2 lenses in my backpack. In case one fails  But does it (the single card) fail at a rate that causes the camera to be talked about like it was?

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."
"He's dead, Jim! You grab his tri-corder. I'll get his wallet."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow