The Sultan Tit

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
searching_eyes Senior Member • Posts: 1,357
The Sultan Tit

It was a public holiday in my country today. So, I decided to pay a visit to the highland to find some interesting bird. Spent my entire morning getting nothing at all, and missed out the chance the take photo of rhino hornbill in flight, where they appeared out of nowhere and when I pointed the camera to them (yes, a couple... damn!) they were gone

Then I said to myself why don't try luck at another site. This site was supposed to be closed for resort/housing development. When I reached there, the entrance gate was wide opened, though having the "No Entry" signboard. Having seeing no one was at the entrance, I took the chance to enter inside.

So, I as at my popular spot where I visited almost every week before the Covid 19 lockdown. Waited for 10 minutes, all of a sudden heard some mixed bird calls. I thought it must be a bird wave. Then I strike the jackpot! True enough it was a bird wave. I saw male minivet (red), and female (yellow)... Wait a minute.. when I checked the initial pictures, to my delight it was the Sultan Tit! I was hunting for it almost 3 years, and today I got it!

Here are the best shots that I could get. The Sultan Tit are hyper active and I followed them here and there. Luckily there's one which was more cooperative.

#4 - This is my favorite. I think the tit acted like an angry bird and saying what's up DUDE?!

After the bird wave was gone, I spent almost one hour at the site hoping to get more varieties, which happened to have a few species that I posted before.

Then came the development site supervisor in a Land Rover/Highlander(I guessed) informing that this site will be permanently closed for development and asking me to spread the news to fellow birders. This site is Awana Genting, long famous for exotic local and migrant birds.

So today was a lucky day and unlucky day for me. I will miss this site a lot, coz I have less place to go for birding now.

searching_eyes's gear list:searching_eyes's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow