EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Larawanista
Larawanista Veteran Member • Posts: 4,736
Re: The outcome is inevitable.

MikeJ9116 wrote:

Most dedicated camera users have been dismissing the relentless fast pace of smartphone camera tech advancement for a decade. Even in the face of irrefutable evidence that smartphone tech is the future of mainstream photography. I have been saying for some time that traditional photography gear is ever moving toward a hobby that will be practiced by those with a lot of disposable income or very successful professionals.

We are seeing smart phone tech move to smaller ILC devices with MFT sensors. This is in its infancy but the trajectory is the same as smartphones. What smartphones did to the P&S segment these new MFT (and 1" sensor or smaller) devices will do to the ILC segment. These devices will be small, lightweight and, most importantly, AFFORDABLE. They will offer superb IQ, capability and nearly all the features of a smartphone.

If the current trends continue, the last Canon camera I will buy is one with an APS-C sensor and RF mount, if it comes to pass. I have FF cameras that are plenty good to meet my requirements for the rare times I need one. I am looking to greatly reduce the load of camera gear I carry as I get older. I welcome what the new generation of smartphone tech based photography gear will bring. IMO, what is coming will be nearly as big a revolution to photography as the move to digital sensors was over 20 years ago.

May be part of the reason Canon is not investing big money on cropped sensor, because of this inevitable?

-- hide signature --

"Photography is therapeutic."
https://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos

Larawanista's gear list:Larawanista's gear list
Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow