KP with ES/MS test

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KPM2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,676
KP with ES/MS test

Hello

Up to now I did use the ES of the KP not often, but I saw that even with very short shutter speeds I got deformations into a object.

For to understand what happens with the rolling shutter in ES I made test pictures:

The brown wood is from a window. I moved my camera during the shot horizontal to the left:

I start with a slow shutter speed

MS:

ES:

now I use faster shutter speeds:

MS:

ES:

now a much faster shutter speed

MS: (the picture was very underexposed and I push it in PP....therefore the noise)

ES:

With my movement (ok, my movement was for sure not always with the same speed, so count this in), it doesn't matter what shutter speed I use in ES, the angle of the wood (= the deformation I get on an object) is always very similar.

So, the ES on my KP may be nice silent and I can use very high shutter speeds, but it do deform my object !!!

I, personally, did expect, that the angle of the wood would be smaller and smaller, the faster shutter speed I use, because the rolling shutter do expose each area much shorter and could therefore move on quicker to the next.....but now I am surprised that the angle of the wood is so similar.

best regards KPM2

Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow