Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 6,588
Re: Bangor Historic Site, South Australia

maxdance wrote:

apathyman wrote:

maxdance wrote

How about here...

https://www.google.com/maps/@-32.9692259,138.1381531,3a,49.4y,78.62h,92.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPEPbMPEQTlkxrfPUE8JwFw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The Bangor Historic Site on the road between Port Germein and Murraytown - the remains of the old Gorge Hotel erected by Thomas Kurner in 1888?

A difficult one Brian.

Well my last couple were solved in a flash so I thought it was time to delve into my photo archive for a real challenge

Yes Bangor Historic site in South Australia where the Queensland and South Australia Sheffield Shield teams have just played out a draw.

I thought the 'a lovely time' clue earlier might have helped which, of course, was part of the title of Fiddler's Dram's 1979 hit "Day Trip to Bangor (Didn't We Have a Lovely Time)" - a one hit wonder if ever there was one

Over to you Max.

Nothing wrong with a difficult one now and then Brian - at least the clues were much more useful than some of the ridiculous ones foisted on us recently.

I figured early on that we were probably in South Australia and looking for an historic site on a road that led to a port. But which port? And so many roads. A good challenge.

I'll post a new image shortly, possibly a little less remote.

Indeed. I figured out SA quickly enough but there's not only a lot of ports and roads in South Australia there's a lot of ruined hotels (and cottages and homesteads and churches).

Nice challenge!

-- hide signature --

All lies and jests; Still a man hears what he wants to hear; And disregards the rest

New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Nikon D7200 Sony a7R II Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Fujifilm X-T2 Sony RX100 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow