Fuji as 2nd system

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ronan_M
Ronan_M Senior Member • Posts: 1,560
Fuji as 2nd system

So, like many out there I bought into Fuji as a second "fun" system to have around. So bought a couple of 2nd hand cameras (X-T3 and X-T20) and a few lenses and played around.

My results were varied I have to say. Its probably great for street and maybe portraits but I didnt get great results (they were not bad, they just were not great) in landscapes and architecture which is what I shoot the most.

In particular I had two / three main issues:

- controls. Seems like they took a form over function path here. While the dials are "ok", changes in 1/3 stop in F stop and SS need to be done with different dials than full stops. This seems ridiculous

- raw recovery. JPEGs seem to be great with lots of "film types" options but I shoot raw. And what I noticed is that highlight recovery in Fuji raw is nowhere near what I can pull back from my FX Nikons. You move the highlight recovery dial in Lightroom and the image barely moves or changes.

- Post processing "worms". I use Lightroom and this is a known issue with Fuji. I can probably work around this, and the effect is mostly minimized but it kinda never goes away. Never had this issue with my Nikons

There were a number of positives TBH. Portability being #1. Love it.

So overall, I think it was a good experience but I dont think I'm going to continue to invest in Fuji. Most likely will keep one of the bodies and 1-2 lenses but that's about it. Likely going to swap it for a Z6.

Anyone had similar experiences with Fuji?

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow