I have an odd question.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
thinkinginimages
thinkinginimages Senior Member • Posts: 1,295
Re: I have an odd question.

NotASpeckOfCereal wrote:

thinkinginimages wrote:

I say it often: there are so many types and styles of photography. When you're around long enough you try the ones that appeal to you and give a nod to the one you don't care for.

I happen to like SOOC. It makes me think before pressing the shutter button. I also know my cameras well.

You say that as if you believe that people who post process do not think before pressing the shutter, and that we do not know our cameras well.

Perhaps you've heard of Ansel Adams? This name comes up a lot in this thread.

Chris

Absolutely not. Let me toss out a volatile question: is "post" part of photography or a separate function? Where's "the line"? They're both art forms. I can hear the incoming salvos now. Sorry.

What I am suggesting is that due to the vast amount of influences and information shooting techniques are wonderfully, amazingly, different. That's great.

I am a very deliberate photographer. I think a lot of it is my age and experience. I've worked with "spray and pray" photographers. That was their "technique". It was all good.

I can go deep into Adams and his techniques, but that would be distracting. He was a master technician/scientist as well as a photographer/artist. I often wonder what he would have made of digital technology. On the other hand, I think Cartier-Bresson, and Lang, would have been thrilled by digital. Post processing wasn't "their thing".

thinkinginimages's gear list:thinkinginimages's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PMB
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NCB
NCB
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow