Any m43 to R5 users here?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FirstAscent
FirstAscent New Member • Posts: 14
Any m43 to R5 users here?

Hey all,

I've been using my Olympus EM1 mkII for many years now and have a solid lens collection. Overall I've been happy with it and have definitely appreciate the smaller physical form factor for adventures. I've wanted a full frame camera in general for a long time but just never pulled the trigger until now.

I fully expect to keep my m43 gear but to start down the full-frame path I finally ordered the R5 and the RF 70-200 2.8 to start. I really wanted (and still want) the 85 1.2 but figured for a first lens the 70-200 will still be excellent for a little more versatility. I've been getting into more studio/off camera flash work (I have a pair of Profoto B10's) and it's been a blast.

As I mentioned, the Olympus PRO lenses have treated me well but for studio/portrait work and more low light capabilities (astro) I'm excited to push it further.

Anyone else here switch from, or add to, their m43 gear?

Pretty sure the only possible downsize would be physical size, ha! ok, and cost.

FirstAscent's gear list:FirstAscent's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS R5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +9 more
Canon EOS R5 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow