Burnt out on my x100f

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Strangefinder
Strangefinder Senior Member • Posts: 1,228
Re: Burnt out on my x100f

EOS GUY wrote:

~

But then I saw the set called @Ordinary Place' by SITTICHAI MAIKUPANDIN - scroll down

https://www.lensculture.com/2021-lensculture-street-photography-award-winners

OR click here and click the image to see the slideshow

https://www.lensculture.com/2021-lensculture-street-photography-award-winners?modal=sittichai-maikupandin-the-winner-of-street-photography-awards-2021

Now he lives in no special place but WOW those photos. No more do I have an excuse to say there's nothing to photograph around here.

What I DO have to admit is I need TO LEARN TO LOOK HARDER AND - MORE IMPORTANTLY - TO LOOK DIFFERENTLY

Now as a street shooter and a quite unconventional one at that - I thought I was already doing this. But no, it seems there's always more to learn

I don't know HOW he got some of his images, especially the last two, if it was something he deliberately did with his camera or a 'cool accident'... IDK.

Actually if anyone does know I'd love to hear - literally what are we looking at in those last two images? How did these photos even happen?

I need to know!

They look like reflections from within a coach or train superimposed upon the scenes outside, with a degree of alignment, and having had some selective processing to minimise interference. Excellent example of liberation from naturalistic representation of day-to-day scenes.

-- hide signature --

“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” Malcolm X
"If lies can begin wars then the truth can end them." Jx/xxn Xssxngx
“Remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end, they always fall. Always.” Gandhi

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow