ON1 Photoraw 2022 plugin capability

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Haddington
Haddington Forum Member • Posts: 63
Re: ON1 Photoraw 2022 plugin capability

On1 are currently suffering from some confusion over this change in approach but I think it makes sense. I use On1 for its DAM, raw processing and styling. It really is good enough to replace Photoshop, Lightroom, and NIK for me, and for a lot of other folks too.

For my most critical raw processing (I shoot birds, often at very high ISOs) I still use DxO, and I don't see that changing any time soon. But then again, when I used to use Lightroom I used DxO for my most critical processing too, so there's no change there.

Long story short, there are lots of folks for whom the ability to use PhotoRaw as a plugin really isn't that important.

At the other end of the scale, Lightroom/Photoshop users need the plugins, but don't care about the standalone versions.

I suspect most PhotoRaw users fall into one of those camps, so the decision to separate out the standalone and the plugin make perfect sense to me. Of course, some folk like to have both. They're catered for too - albeit at a premium price because they're buying, effectively, two completely different product lines.

I'm enjoying the discussion here, but I think On1's decision is sound.

Haddington's gear list:Haddington's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow