ON1 Photoraw 2022 plugin capability

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Almazar80 Senior Member • Posts: 1,619
ON1 Photoraw 2022 plugin capability

It seems that ON1 has separated the original Photoraw product into a standalone and a plug-in package. At their website, you can buy Photoraw 2022 for around $80 US (for the standalone version). To add the plugin capability, you need to pay another $70 US. That's $150 US for what used to be a $99 product (less when it went on sale, less when upgrading from a previous version). I don't like this policy, but I suppose many people will want either the standalone or the plugins, not both (as I do). Well, I guess that while I have the 2022 Photraw upgrade, this will be the last version of Photoraw that I will be buying for a while. I still have Photoraw 2021 that works as a Photoshop plugin. That will have to do. I hope Topaz continues to upgrade their software (how about updating Adjust). I hope DXO continues to improve the Nik plugins. I believe that there will be alternatives to Photoraw as a plugin (there are now, but I like how Photoraw works). It's too bad that the price difference is now so large. The $99 upgrade price for the standalone/plugin functionality would have been fine. At $150, it's just too high.  And no, I am not subscribing to Photoraw.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow