Time to upgrade the Canon Rebel T1i

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ShenandoahValerie New Member • Posts: 8
Time to upgrade the Canon Rebel T1i

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have been reading the reviews on cameras and have become overwhelmed with all the options. Quite a long time ago I purchased a Cannon Rebel T1i to take photos of my tiny humans. This was well before cameras on phones. The camera took decent photos of my kids, and I later added a 70-300 lens. I find I now take photos of raptors in the side yard. There is a dead tree 100m from the kitchen window where birds perch. I am NEVER happy with the photos. They are sometimes close enough, but never sharp enough. The mountains are a couple miles away. They look like they are *right there* but when I photograph them, especially with the sunrise, they don't come out near as amazing. The sunrise colors are often not as vibrant and the way the sun hits the hills is gorgeous to my eye but lackluster on the camera. At low light as the moon rises I have never taken a decent photo.

Also, one of the tiny humans grew into a high school track star. Sometimes he is on the other side of the track. Often lately no matter the camera settings the photos of the runners come out with the skin over exposed, and of course the kids are fast and sometimes blurry. Given the wide variety of my subjects what would you recommend in the under $2000 category? A new lens? A new body? A whole new setup? 
Thank you for your advice. If I have not provided enough information I am happy to answer questions.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow