Offering my services to my dojo?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,213
Offering my services to my dojo?

Recently I started doing Brazilian Ju Jitsu for self defence. For those who don't know what is BJJ, it's a grappling martial art that focus a lot on ground fighting. Now I only started over a month ago and it take hundreds of hours of training to get efficient enough to get a blue belt.  So I've a long way to go before I get decent at it.

Our Dojo does in-house tournaments to prep us for the real tournaments. I went to one to see how I would do in a real fight and what I need to work on. So it was a great learning experience despite I was a newbie.

For the in-house tournament, our dojo hired a wedding/portrait photographer and he used his Sony A73 to video our fights. Now I'm a hobbyist and I don't want to take work away from pros or produce inferior work. The other thing, usually I'm busy on the Sunday with work so I can't go to the tournaments unless I either off work that week or I changed my shift patterns. The other thing, I go to the Dojo to learn BJJ not photography. That said should I offer my service or camera gear to cover the still side of the tournament?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
YWG
YWG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow