Tamron 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD or 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter Tokyo New Member • Posts: 1
Tamron 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD or 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2

New to the forum. I recently upgraded to a Sony a6000 and looking to replace the standard lens that came with it. My budget is limitted and needs are varied, I am perhaps asking for the impossible but hoping these lenses can help me with my photography.

Basically I shoot cage/ring side at Martial Arts events. Writing is the main part but I am getting into photography. Challenges are,

Low light:  F2.8 I think is a must for sharpness

Close distance: Sometimes people are 20cm or so from me, I do not want them too distorted but would like to get as much as possible.

Coverage: The cage can be big and occasionally I have to shoot from balcony. Being able to zoom in and out is very useful

Versatility: I need fast speed, good autofocus and good stabilisation. Plus i do not want to be taking a lot of lenses.

I will be buying 2nd hand and considering the 2 Tamron lenses, the "G2" is a newer version I think and maybe not needed. I noticed a 35mm-150mm lens but assuming I will be too close to use it.

Final point. I am also a fine artist, a painter and will be using camera for documentation and hopefully branch into portraits.

I knw very little about lenses and cameras, would any of these Tamron lenses suit my needs? Are there other 3rd party cheaper lenses I should consider?

Thank you for the help!

Peter

Sony a6000 Tamron 17-70 F2.8 Di III-A VC RXD Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III VXD G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow