EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
OP Marco Nero Veteran Member • Posts: 7,431
grenow - re: awaiting iPhone 13 Pro order & iPhone 6s

grenow wrote:

Thanks Marco: my 13 Pro is still in Sydney, "preparing to be shipped"... Could you have a word with Apple please?

The standard delay for the USA and Australia from Apple iPhone 13 Pro models (with larger than 256GB drives) is currently around 6 weeks for the USA and roughly 4-5 weeks for Australia (because we're closer to the source and and not subject to the enormous delays America is undergoing with supply right now. Mine was ordered on September 30, after which I have been notified that it would ship between November 1st to November 8th. That's roughly 4 weeks or so. I guess that's not too bad. Like you, it's "Preparing to be shipped". It's frustrating but these delays are mostly chip related and Germany's Mercedes & Volkswagen electronic car sector has just posted a $2Trillion loss over these delays in chips. There's also no end in sight to the problem of supply, even for Apple.

Here's mine... sitting in limbo

I had just simultaneously ordered a new iMac which I had specced up especially for heavy image and video editing and that was shipped to me within two weeks, arriving a few days before it was due. Apple's factory in China is shipping directly to the customer at the moment, instead of to the stores. Presumably due to Covid. The DHL couriers they use are pretty good with handling their cargo too. They also went out of their way to retrieve my parcel and delivered it within an hour of notifying me that it was not possible to fit it on the truck with the driver for that particular delivery cycle. There was barely a mark on the outer box to the iMac when it arrived.
I certainly like your cat pic.  I have three cats of my own so I know how tricky they can be to photograph.  My old Apple iPhone 6s can take a moderately acceptable picture in daylight but it's still over-smoothed and the details can be VERY mushy, especially in low light.

The tiny camera on my Apple iPhone 6s

iPhone 6s - About as good as it gets with this smartphone camera

iPhone 6s - store display

iPhone 6s - selfies were "acceptable" but only because they were" better than nothing".

iPhone 6s - Daylight shots were always okay. Not perfect but fine for emailing.

iPhone 6s - a far more subtle alternative to my camera in a restaurant

iPhone 6s - An example of how smeared the details get in low light

iPhone 6s - pretty darned awful in very low light.

I normally avoid upgrading anything at all just because something new has been announced and Cameras and smartphones are tools to be used.  But I've replaced the battery in my old iPhone 6s once already a couple of years ago and the replacement Apple battery is starting to run low again. the new Camera module on the iPhone 13 Pro Max, as well as the battery power... is enough incentive for me to consider upgrading.  Plus I won't need to freak out every time it rains since the new cameras are said to be water-sealed. 
--
Regards,
Marco Nero.

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS Ra Canon EOS R6 Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4 Canon RF 85mm F1.2L USM +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow