Organising Facebook Backup Download Photos

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Infinate Pixels New Member • Posts: 2
Organising Facebook Backup Download Photos

Question

Has anybody been able to systematically organise the photos from their Facebook download backup?

FYI - I have 400,000 photos stored on PC and backed up to cloud. This question has nothing to do with my main photography files.

1. Facebook allows a complete download for those unaware. All comments, posts, likes etc and relevant to this forum, photos.

2. The photos in the download are grouped in a folder called "Photos" but there are 90 folders with randomised folder numbers as names.

3 . It appears similar to when you save a webpage and the folder saves all the photos from the webpages randomly, there is also a folder with a heap of HTML files, but the browser doesn't properly load all the photos and the webpage doesn't recreate properly, like a URL not properly loading or with bad WiFi.

Having 14 years of Facebook photos (3000+) without a logic of organising them simply is not very useful, so for instance the largest folder contains photos from 14 years ago and this recent photos in file names with sequential numbering but I cannot find an ordered logic of file names. No sort choice arranges the pictures in the date they were loaded to FB or taken.

5. There is EXIF data from My Nikon and Canon DSLR photos within the Facebook download but that data is not associated with the actual photo files, I think it's stored in the HTML files, and it doesn't point to the actual image
FYI I have numerous photo processing software programs  - this issue is the same on all. 
Has anyone ever been able to resolve this seemingly randomised groupings or is it intentionally randomised ?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow