Smartphone Camera - Speculation on Huawei P30 Pro vs Pixel 6 Pro

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
elmar1 Regular Member • Posts: 114
Smartphone Camera - Speculation on Huawei P30 Pro vs Pixel 6 Pro

Dear all,

I have got the P30 Pro from Huawei and so far am very satisfied - though I am looking from time to time for a possible upgrade. Since I choose my smartphone after the best available camera (for android that is), there were quite a few models which piqued my interest. The new Huawei phones are not a match anymore since they come without Google services and - more importantly- my banking apps do not work on these anymore.

If not the P30 Pro, the Pixel-line was always interesting as well, so I was wondering, what would you think: Might the 6 Pro be an improvement over the Pro? Did any of you have comparisons with the latest Pixel models so far?

Other interesting smartphones were the latest Sony (great camera - but not in Auto-mode. And I do not always want to concentrate on what exactly I'd have to finetune to get a great result). The One Plus 9 seemed above par at max. The Xiaomis were a mixed bag and with Samsung I am done - had the s2, s4 and s7...and though they're still delivering top notch cameras, I don't feel at home with them.

Regards,

Santuris

elmar1's gear list:elmar1's gear list
Sony a7 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Zeiss Loxia 35
Nikon 1 S2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow