Canon T7i Upgrade for Video

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
otterslide New Member • Posts: 6
Canon T7i Upgrade for Video

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if there is something I can upgrade to that is able to take care of shadows/highlights better than the T7i.. I'm doing some repair videos where I film what I'm repairing, for example a lawnmower.. so I zoom in a lot.

I want a high aperture, but with the t7i aperture control is only found on the M mode, and then if it becomes a bit more sunny all of a sudden, it gets overexplosed.

In HDR mode I find everything is underexposed and I have no aperture control.. in A mode all I can do is over/unexpose, but no aperture control.

Any suggestions which camera can take care of shadows/highlights better, ideally another Canon?

I was thinking a RP or 90D but I'm not sure if they are any better. It would be great if I could set the aperture and exposure compensation and the camera could do the rest.. Right now I need steady light and I use M mode, if the light changes, I have to adjust shutter constantly.

Thanks for any ideas.

Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow