Adding a vertical grip changed my (photography) life!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brett8883 Contributing Member • Posts: 509
Adding a vertical grip changed my (photography) life!

I added the native Sony brand vertical grip to my A7R4 a couple months ago and I am just so shocked at how big a difference it has made to my photography life I felt like I had to share the experience.
The instant  you pick the camera up with the grip on you realize that the camera is really meant to have the grip on when using it hand held. There’s actually a place to put your right pinky finger! I didn’t realize how uncomfortable the camera is to hold without the grip until I started using the grip. The balance is much better with big glass and of course it’s much easier to shoot vertically. I can actually hold the camera with one hand! 
The ability to put two batteries in there and charge both without removing the batteries is a huge improvement. I can go a few days without changing the camera and when I do need to charge it I just plug it in. No more tiding  multiple chargers and inevitably forgetting the batteries on the charger at home.

I usually wouldn’t post things like this but I am just so surprised I felt the need to share. I now actually think Sony should have included the vertical grip with all the a7 cameras. I think they’d sell so many more cameras because people that don’t like the handling of Sony cameras would probably be persuaded over.

I know the Sony ones are disgustingly expensive for what it probably costs to make but I do think it’s worth it.

Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GF
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow