New camera for video

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raphaelo008 New Member • Posts: 12
New camera for video

I have a Sony a6000, but am getting into video production and don't feel that I'm getting as much out of it as if I were to buy a camera dedicated to video. I have made videos for a while now, but am just starting to get a little more serious with it, as I am studying video production. I have my eye on the gh4 as a more affordable, if second hand, option. Otherwise, I also have my eye on the Canon 6d for a bit cheaper, and installing magic lantern on it. This seems like a great option as well, because it being full frame means that I don't have to worry about low light settings as much, which is a big win in my eyes, and it seems to have quite stable video as well. If anyone knows of any other cameras that would be good for what I'm looking for in a similar price range, please let me know. I am interested in documentary making majorly, but also will be doing some short films, and have passion in that also.

A win with the Canon as well is that it's great at photos and seems to do many things with photos that my current a6000 is limited with, with it being an apsc sensor camera.

Another option that I was looking at would be spending double the price on a really good camera, specifically or like the a7s ii.

Thanks in advance!

Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Sony a6000 Sony a7 Sony a7S Sony a7S II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow