70-300mm plus diopter

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jalywol
jalywol Forum Pro • Posts: 11,179
70-300mm plus diopter

I frequently use extension tubes when using long tele lenses for insect macro work with my M43 gear. Unfortunately, there are no extension tubes out there for L-mount, so a diopter is really my only option on this system if I want to use non-macro lenses for close up work some of the time. (I've developed a preference for using long tele lenses for macro work outdoors, as I can keep my distance from insects and not scare them off).

The best of the diopter bunch is the Canon 500D, but it's been unavailable in the US for years. I've been using a knock-off version, but that one has lots of CA, so its uses have been a bit limited. Fortunately, due to the kindness of a forum member, I was able to acquire a 77mm Canon 500D diopter.

It is just spectacular.

It came yesterday, and the weather has been somewhat less than cooperative, but here are a few shots from it attached to the Panasonic 70-300mm, of some of the remaining flowers in my backyard:

-J

Carpenter bee on Marigold

Zinnia

Zinnia

Zinnia bud

Evening Primrose

Panasonic Lumix S 70-300 F4.5-5.6 Macro OIS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow